Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Dangerous man - Trace Adkins

Music
reviewed in 2007

I must admit - I don't really like country music, I never have. I understand from friends who do that today's country music isn't really all that country anymore. Maybe that's why I have started to like what I hear...

I bought this CD on the strength of one song and it is decidedly the least country sounding of them all. "I Wanna Feel Something" is just good songwriting and Trace does an excellent job making me feel the emotion behind the lyrics. I guess the song strikes a chord with me because I am getting to the age when most men start to question what they've become and sort of evaluate what's important. Great song, and well done!

The CD sounds great sonically and I find I really like the harder, rockier numbers like Dangerous Man. The lyrics on some of the songs are too macho for me but I tend to think it is done with his tongue planted firmly in his cheek. Face it "Swing" and "Fightin Words" are pretty weak. In contrast the "Stubborn One" and "I Came Here to Live" are really heartfelt and touching.

Trace Adkins seems like a decent sort of fellow and has an interesting life story of his own. To see him breakout and work in TV and movies is quite exciting. While I may never like good 'ole boy country music I'll always have a keen appreciation of Mr. Adkins. 

3 of 5 stars

CW

No comments:

Post a Comment