Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Neuromancer by William Gibson

Book
reviewed in 2007

I never engaged with this book. I read fiction to transport myself out of my day to day world an into someone else's. Gibson's world in Neuromancer was dreadfully dull and grimy. The plot and characters were so disjointed that I started thinking about things I needed to do at work - or whether or not I fed the dog. It's time to put this book down and watch my fingernails grow.

Yes, there are very cool and prescient concepts explored in this book. Gibson should be credited for his contributions to the cyberpunk genre. You can see he is a intuitive, creative and highly intelligent person... But, quite frankly, Neuromancer is just unreadable. After a 150 pages I just don't care about any of it. Yawn.


1 of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment