Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More Than You Think You Are - Matchbox 20

Music
reviewed in 2004

I have to agree with several reviews I've seen - this album is not breaking any new ground. There are a few tunes that grab your attention but have little staying power. I personally like the track "Unwell" but can't get away from the feeling when I listen to "Disease" that I've heard it all before.

Someone once gave me a Faith Hill CD to listen too and it was perfect in every detail, man can the lady sing! You know what? The CD sucked and I never listened to it again. I don't want perfect. I'm afraid MB20 is going down this same road with every offering being sanitized just a little more until they have reached perfection. Back in my day bands like Journey, REO and Jefferson Starship ended up the same way until I couldn't stand them. Let's hope MB20 puts a little more grit and less processing into their future releases. They are a very decent act that could do great things...


3 of 5 stars

CW

No comments:

Post a Comment